I’m not what I consider particularly crafty or domestic, but from time to time, I get a wild hair. When this happens, I’m going to share the adventure – for better or for worse – with you. This particular adventure turned out delicious, but that may not always be the case.
It’s prime peach season in the southeast, and with peach season comes the desire to make peachy things. Two peachy things, to be exact.
One of my favorite summer-time cocktails is the Bellini. Most Bellinis call for Prosecco and peach puree. Prosecco is a sweeter than I prefer, so I substitute Brut. If you like sweet wine, I suggest sticking with Prosecco.
- Two fresh Peaches
- Dash of sugar
- bottle of Brut champagne
Slice and puree peaches and sugar in blender or food processor. Pour champagne in flute, 3/4ths full. Add puree, slowly. Peach and sugar activate carbon dioxide – science! – and makes champagne fizz like crazy. Go slow or you end up with a mess. Sip and enjoy!
Peach Crisp With A Twist
- 15 or so fresh peaches
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer peach slices in 9×13 inch baking dish. Drizzle brandy over peaches.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon. Slice butter into chunks and mix into dry ingredients until you have small pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over peaches, then sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake for ~1 hour or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!